How can we assist you with the NDIS?
Jobmatch NDIS in a registered provider who can Assist, Access and help Maintain Employment. We can help you develop work related skills and build capacity to obtain and/or retain employment in the open labour market.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers, providing reasonable and necessary funding to people with a permanent and significant disability to access the supports and services they need to live and enjoy their life. Every NDIS participant has an individual plan that lists their goals and the funding they have received.
NDIS participants use their funding to purchase supports and services that will help them achieve their goals. Everyone has different goals but they could include things like getting and keeping a job, making friends or participating in a local community activity. NDIS participants control the support they receive, when they receive it, and who provides it.
There are around 4.3 million Australians who have a disability. The NDIS will provide about 460,000 Australians under the age of 65 with a permanent and significant disability with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live an ordinary life.
If you already receive funding support from a Disability program, you will be contacted by the NDIS directly.
Jobmatch Employment can help develop pathways towards finding and maintaining employment (incl. mapping pathways and introducing partner programs and organisations that will be assisting) We have full time offices located in Gympie and Kingaroy with outpost at Tin Can Bay, Nanango and Murgon.
We offer assistance by:
- Appropriate employment referrals for maintaining ongoing support once in the workplace, with your main partner being Jobmatch Employment.
- Identifying employment aspirations
- Identifying the type of training that may be required for preparing to enter the workforce including “Standards of Work Performance” module
- Utilising work experience and work shadowing opportunities where available
- Interview training
- Resume and cover letter training
- Tapping into pre-existing plans, contacting previous schools to get appropriate feedback and references
Are you looking for more information on the NDIS? Please go to: https://www.ndis.gov.au/understanding